Our Brand Experience managers get asked a lot of questions about social media. We enlisted the help of some of our resident social media gurus to answer your burning questions.
What Hashtags should I use?
It’s best to make sure your hashtags are specific and localised so that your post shows dominantly under that tag. If you use a general and popular hashtag, there is a good chance that your post will be immediately buried under all the posts of every person around the world also using that hashtag, for example, ‘RumbleLosOlivos’ or ‘LosOlivosBoxing’
Learn more about Hashtags here
Where can I get my captions?
Interesting captions lead to more engagement on your posts! To make it as easy as possible for you to navigate captions, we recommend building a copy library. Sitting down and writing a bunch of captions all at once allows you to get into your brand headspace and keep your business goals in mind while you write. Having a copy library means your captions will be there and waiting for you when you’re ready.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when writing your captions:
- Quality over quantity! Instagram hides text after the second line so we need to remember K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid!). Make sure it’s compelling right from the start.
- Include a call to action. A call to action is as simple as tacking on a ‘join today’ or ‘call now’ at the end of your caption.
- Have fun with it, you’re not a robot so don’t talk like one. Audiences will be more receptive to an authentic human voice.
- Don’t forget emojis! Emojis are fun and a great way to break up your captions and draw the reader’s attention. You can now add emojis to your post through Digital Stack.
- Offer value to your consumer. Create high-value content to engage and give value to your customers. Learn More: Building a content strategy Pt.2
Remember, you can’t place clickable links in organic posts, which means you have to direct users to click the link in your Instagram bio.
Read more: here
Best time to post?
This is a difficult one, as the best time to post changes all the time. It can be stressful to keep track of it so Digital Stack takes the guesswork out of finding the best time to post. Under the report tab, you can find loads of awesome insights that will guide you in knowing when to post. Not only do you get your top five times to post and your audience’s activity broken down by the hour, you also get to see who your audience are, their gender, location, and age range. Armed with this knowledge you now have a better understanding of who you’re talking to, and when you want to reach them.
What content works best?
The type of content you post will differ vastly based on many factors, including, the audience and the industry you’re in. There are a few safe rules to stick to, mainly making sure your content is….
- Educational, content that teaches your audience about your service or product.
- Entertaining, content that is anything from a funny meme to a trending video. It’s usually content that causes some sort of emotional reaction.
- Engaging content, social media allows you to have a two-way conversation with the consumer, encouraging the audience to speak back to you and raising your engagement.
After you get your posting program up and running, you can use the report tab to investigate the type of content your audience is reacting best to. By frequently checking in you can take inspiration from your most successful content and keep that traction going by making similar posts.
How many times should I be posting?
In short, no less than 4 times a week and no more than once a day. You want to stay front of mind for your audience but you don’t want to overwhelm them, it’s a fine balance to strike. A safe rule to play by is one feed post every second day and stories as often as you can, (yes every day). Stories are a great way to stay active on social media between feed posts. To read more about Instagram Stories, check out our blog: 5 Easy Ways to Make the Most out of Your Instagram Stories
In conclusion, the use of social media for businesses can be a tricky but effective tool for building brand awareness and customer engagement. The key to success lies in finding the right balance between the type, frequency, and timing of your posts. This blog has provided tips and recommendations on important aspects of social media, including hashtags, captions, the best time to post, the best content to post, and the frequency of posts. By using these tips and constantly monitoring and adjusting your strategy, you can maximize the benefits of social media for your business.
Want to know more about using social media and Digital Stack to maximize your business? Read more of our blogs or reach out to speak to one of our amazing Brand Experience Managers today!